- Please plan ahead: the McAuliffe Center is situated within a college campus.
- Visitors should arrive on campus at least 20 minutes prior to show time.
- Use the campus map provided to locate designated parking areas, and the entrance to the McAuliffe Center. Please park in Salem End Road Parking lot. View our directions and parking page here.
- To ensure visitor safety and quality of presentation, planetarium doors will remain closed once the show has begun.
- If a pre-registered guest has not checked in within 5 minutes of the start of the program (i.e. 5:25pm or 6:25pm), their tickets will be released and made available to others.
- A limited number of tickets to each event will be made available at the door, on a first-come, first-served basis starting at 5pm. Doors will not open until 5pm.
ABOUT OUR SHOWS
FSU’s state-of-the-art digital planetarium allows us the ability to project a realistic night sky and to present fulldome digital video. We hold licensing rights to a small selection of feature-length fulldome films. Our monthly public planetarium programs are about one hour in length and may include some combination of: a fulldome feature film, a short talk presented by a guest speaker, and/or a live planetarium segment. A live planetarium segment may include a tour of the seasonal night sky and/or other multimedia elements presented with live narration. Please see the descriptions of the individual monthly programs below.
Every month, the 5:30pm showing is designated as the “Family Show”: intended for families with children 11 and younger. The 6:30pm showing is intended for adults, teens, and older children. Both showings present the same material, but the 5:30pm showing will be somewhat shorter, and possibly presented in a way more appropriate for young guests.